setting

AdIbAh Az-ZaKiYa: interpretation of My Dreams, My Works, Must Wait till after Hell

interpretation of My Dreams, My Works, Must Wait till after Hell


My Dreams, My Works, Must Wait till after Hell


I hold my honey and I store my bread
In little jars and cabinets of my will.  
I label clearly, and each latch and lid   
I bid, Be firm till I return from hell.   
I am very hungry. I am incomplete.
And none can tell when I may dine again.   
No man can give me any word but Wait,   
The puny light. I keep eyes pointed in;   
Hoping that, when the devil days of my hurt   
Drag out to their last dregs and I resume   
On such legs as are left me, in such heart
As I can manage, remember to go home,
My taste will not have turned insensitive   
To honey and bread old purity could love.

let me try to interpret this poem.. check it out !

 Based on the poem biography who was active in black racial environment, this poem might be she indicated to someone who are suffering because of something especially about her/his environment. She has a food that she liked much or that was really important for her/him but unfortunately, she could not eat them. As the fact about discrimination for black people especially in US where the poet life, it is also possible if this poet told about the black people life, because they got a strong discrimination between them and white people. At that time just the white people could do everything and got the whole of a human right, but the black people not. The black people has their wealth, creativity, thinking and others but unfortunately because of brother war, they got a different treatment from the government, they could use all theirs. Their  lives was in unclearly, like a “puny light” that stated between light and dark, it was not light but not really dark also. Then their lives were in hard suffering because of that discrimination. They did not when that condition would be over. They just had to wait. They believe the time would answer it. In other hand, though the life condition is unfriendly with them, they still keep hoping that someday next, they can life normally, using their completely human right. 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

Copyright © AdIbAh Az-ZaKiYa Urang-kurai